What is Reflexology?
The complimentary therapy Reflexology dates back thousands of years when the Egyptians, the Chinese and North American Indians practised this therapy. It was introduced to England in the 1960's.
Reflexology is based on the concept of there being a mini map of the body on the feet. Reflex points on the feet relate to different parts of the body. Every organ, gland and body part has a reflex point on the foot. By applying pressure to the reflexes on the feet combined with soothing massage techniques it has a beneficial affect on the corresponding area of the body.
If there is any reason why the feet cannot be worked then the therapist can work the hands.
Possible benefits are:
- It brings about a state of deep relaxation
- It can facilitate pain relief
- It improves circulation
- It boosts the immune system
- It releases toxins from the body
- It encourages the body to heal itself
- It can help many physical and emotional conditions
- It works on the whole person and not just the prevailing symptoms
Reflexology may be able to help with the following conditions:
(all of which I have experienced through my clients in the last 13 years)
- Stress, anxiety, depression,sleeping difficulties
- Infertility, PMT, menopause, hysterectomy, prostate problems
- Pregnancy - pre, during and after!
- Joint and muscular disorders, general back pain, sciatica
- Digestive problems, IBS, constipation, indigestion
- Thyroid problems
- Cystitis, kidney stones
- Asthma, Sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia
- High blood pressure, low blood pressure
- Multiple sclerosis, tremors, vertigo
This is by no means an exhaustive list.